Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Forever

...and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long.

Heavenly Father,

Tonight I sing your praise. Tonight, during a time when the valley is dark and the way is strewn with sorrow, I praise you, that you are here. That you comfort us and shower grace on us, your children.

I ask for your merciful presence with those suffering loss. Grief. May the dark night be lighted by candles of grace and goodness. I pray that they will know you through those who love them and who support them. In the valley, where emptiness and darkness seem to overpower, may your light be seen.

We are already dwelling in the house of God. You abide with us. You fill us with your love. You make your home with us, and because of that, we are at home in you. Neither life nor death can separate us from you or from each other.

I praise you, Father, because even as I ask this, I know that you have already granted it. I know that light is seen in darkness, that whatever needs are present are being answered.

I ask that you grant clear vision to my friend so that he and those he loves can see you in the darkness. And I praise you that it has already been granted; that it was given before it was needed.

I pray in the name of the Son who was light, who is light, and who will be light for all of us, forever. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home