Friday, May 15, 2009

Made Visible

When you finish with your Emmaus walk, you receive a cross on a rainbow colored cord. It's large. It's bright. And it's worn with a name badge, so that everyone at the Gathering knows everyone else's name.

We went to a Gathering tonight, and on the way home, after I collected my car, I stopped at the gas station. Got gas. Went in to buy a Diet Pepsi. In the very bright convenience store, I looked down, and I was still wearing my cross and namebadge.

I imagine anyone looking at me wouldn't have seen me; just that three inch cross on a rainbow cord and the name on my jacket. They weren't inconspicuous.

I wonder if our faith is as obvious as my cross. Do our actions shine forth so that those who see us know that we are Christians?

I pray that in some small way my actions and my words are at least part of the time an witness to someone else of God. I pray that God's grace is made visible through me in spite of myself.

Image: This evening

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home