Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grace Echoes

Some bright morning when this life is o'er, I'll fly away
To a land on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away

Grace echoes
Grace follows the footsteps of the man
as he walks through the hallways
of his Father's house
Step by jubilant step
as he explores the mansions
prepared for his coming.

When the shadows of this life have gone, I'll fly away
Like a bird from these prison walls, I’ll fly, I'll fly away

Grace echoes
Grace reverberates through the House of God
as family and friends
gather to remember
To honor
To listen
for the echoes of grace.

Oh how glad and happy when we meet, I'll fly away
No more cold, iron shackles on my feet, I'll fly away

It is heard in the words spoken
Solid as a rock
Churchman
World's oldest acolyte (as the candles remain dark.)
Whatever he wrote came from his God and his heart.
Right things, right times, right reasons.
God's love gave him direction and vision.
Grace echoes

Just a few more weary days and then, I'll fly away
To a land where joy will never end, I'll fly away

It is heard in words spoken
He left us as the man he always was.
He would give you ping pong pointers, but never let you win.
He knew he was loved, which is why he died so peacefully.
And I believe these people like me.
Grace echoes.

I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away (oh glory)
When I die, hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away

It is heard in the words he wrote.
The church of right now.
Am I MEEK? Or am I meek?
We need to check our fingernails for sycamore bark.
It's always later than we think.
Life changes when Jesus is met face to face.
Grace echoes.

And we stand in the House of God
listening to the echoes of grace
And God says,
"I am about to do a new thing;
now it springs forth,
do you not perceive it?"
And we stand in the House of God,
Standing with the wind on our faces
from his passing as he flies away,
and with never-ending echo of grace in our souls

In memory of Floyd H. Taylor, Jr.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home