Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Darkest Valleys

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil...

One of the hardest parts about memorizing Psalm 23 with our youth this weekend is that I had to un-learn how I had always known the Psalm. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..."

I read in a devotional today that sometimes we associate Psalm 23 with funeral and death, to the point of thinking that it is ONLY a funeral Psalm.

The youth on Saturday talked about their darkest valleys. We all have them -- those times when we feel far away from God. Those times when the world seems to be caving in on us.

We make decisions in life that take us on wrong paths. There are time in life when God has to lead us through the darkest valleys in order to return us to the right path. He may lead us across a dark and rocky path, but he never tells us to walk it alone.

He is always with us -- even in the darkest places. And in him, there is no darkness. He is life and light.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home