Monday, April 13, 2009

Known and Loved

Someone said the other day, in a devotional, if I could imagine dying for someone I loved. The person readily admitted that such an option was possible. The answer to that question would change to "no" if the person to be saved was unknown to her.

She compared that to the death of Christ, dying for all of us.

True. I think there is a difference, though. Christ didn't die for someone he didn't know. He died for you and me and all of us. The amazing, wonderful part of our faith is that we are so very much loved that God would choose to die for you. For me. For each of us.

Imagine that. You are so well known and loved by Jesus that he died for you, and would have died only for you. You are not a stranger to him. You are beloved.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home