Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lent Questions

A Friday Five on Thursday -- Lenten questions:
  1. Did you give up, or take on, anything special for Lent this year? Actually, I didn't. I have in the past, and I've stuck with it, but I didn't this year. I think I come to the conclusion that I should pick something up for Lent, but I haven't done that, either. I think I miss this discipline
  2. Have you been able to stay with your original plans, or has life gotten in the way? I think life got in the way BEFORE I made any plans.
  3. Has God had any surprising blessings for you during this Lent? I am the coordinator of a ministry at church that sends out daily Lenten devotionals, written by members of our congregation. We've done that for several years, and it's almost automatic for me each night. Still, I am constantly surprised when God uses this ministry to bless people. Why am I surprised? For instance, I assign dates WAY ahead of time. It turned out that one of my date assignments had special significance. I assigned one author a date. She found out later that she had a malignant tumor. The day her devotional went out was the day of her surgery. I included a prayer request with her devotional, and I got a response from one of our readers several hours away. She added the author to her prayer chain at her church. I forwarded this email to the author, and God touched her through it. Amazing.
  4. What is on your inner and/or outer agenda for the remainder of Lent and Holy Week? I would love to get involved in some kind of Bible study or Spiritual Growth study. I haven't found an opportunity yet.
  5. Where do you most long to see resurrection, in your life and/or in the world, this Easter? As of Palm Sunday, 5 people will have joined my church in the past month. I think this is resurrection in many ways, and hope and pray that it continues.
    Bonus: Share a favorite scripture, prayer, poem, artwork, or musical selection that speaks Lenten spring to your heart.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home