Friday, March 20, 2009

Scars

I've heard the question asked -- "Why did Jesus still have the scars on his hands and in his side after he was resurrected?"

Have you ever felt grace through someone else's scars?

I watched our pastor, in a sermon, tell a story about the death of his son, and the pain associated with it. He showed us one of his scars, and we felt the grace of God because of it.

A few years ago, when I was having trouble with forgiveness, a friend told me a story of a time when he had faced a similar problem. Through that scar, I knew grace.

I belong to a group of women that meets every other Saturday morning. We share our concerns and our worries. We talk about our shortcomings. Through their scars, I find grace. I hope that I share grace, as well.

Perhaps that is why Jesus kept the scars. Seeing his scars, we know grace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home