Friday, January 16, 2009

Force and Power

I was at a funeral on Wednesday. The pastor said that the call a minister hears is a force on life. A force on life. While I do believe that pastors have a special call, I think that we are all called. Doesn't it feel like a force on your life sometimes?

He then said that the gentleman who had died had done more than he could have with his own power. The next day, another person in the office and I were talking about what we do, and she said, "I am doing so much more than I used to -- it's amazing to me."

We are doing more than we could with our own power. That's what happens when we yield to our call -- to the force on our life.

Force -- power -- both from God.

Image: Archway at Trinity UMC, Pt. Pleasant, WV

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your words hit home to me...when we ask God to use us... and He chooses to use us in ways we could only imagine..it is amazing the good we can do, it is also humbling.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home