Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trust More

It's late, and one of the consequences of an Emmaus walk is that you are TIRED when you are finished. I'll try to stay awake and write this post, but if there are misspellings or sentences (or entire thoughts) that just don't make sense, perhaps you'll understand why.

If you read Thursday's post, you'll see that I left to go on the walk feeling a sense of obligation, and not much joy. Wasn't it ironic that Jeff wrote about obligation for the post on Saturday? No, that was not planned.

I had a discussion with a few of the people on the walk about service and blessings. The pilgrims had a sense that they had come on the walk for themselves, but found that they were there for each other as well. I felt that I was going for the other people on the walk -- because I had said I would; because I had a responsibility to go. I found that I was blessed to be there. If I had thought about it, I would have known that, but sometimes I forget.

During a worship service this weekend, I was thinking about what might be an obstacle for me to getting closer to God. I have had for a couple of years an overwhelming sense of gratitude to God for the people in my life and the opportunites I have. Maybe that sense of gratitude came to a "head" during a worship service at our national conference. As I was praying about obstacles, it occured to me that when I remember to look, I do realize how gracious and wonderful God has been to me. Why is it that I don't always trust him? How much does he need to prove his trustworthyness to me?

So I will try to love more, and trust more. God is trustworthy. Why do I forget that?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home