Thursday, October 23, 2008

Walking

I’m leaving this afternoon to be part of the conference room team for Women’s Walk #28 in our Ashland Area Emmaus Community.

I must say that I’m not very excited about going. If I had my “druthers,” I would stay home. I would go to work tomorrow, I would be with my family this weekend, I would go to my own church this weekend and hear my two sons play trumpet for the first time together in worship. An Emmaus walk is not what I want to do this weekend.

But I said I would do it, and I will.

I hope God walks into this walk, and awakens my joy in it. I hope I see Him at work in the lives of the pilgrims. I hope he brings me close during my own talk on Friday evening. I hope he does, because right now I only see it as an obligation.

I’ve been thinking about it all day. It’s my third time on a team; my fourth walk. I’ve never felt this way about one. I hope God is there, because I don’t seem to be taking him with me.

BUT, I leave the blog in very good hands. Come back on Friday to read a post written by my husband, Steve. On Saturday, our very good friend, Jeff, will be a guest sandblogger. You are in for a treat on both days.

Thank you to both of these men for saying yes, every time, when I ask them to write. Thank you to them for being such faithful readers and for always making me feel that this daily web journal of mine is a worthwhile endeavor. For the third time in a row, they have covered for me during an Emmaus walk, and every time they do, I am honored that they take the time to share their gifts, and that they say yes.

Thank you, Steve. Thank you, Jeff.

If you want to read more of what they have written, there is a section on the left sidebar of the blog entitled “Guest Sandbloggers.” Click on their links. Also, both of them write devotionals for our JM Devotional ministry, and those devotionals are on the web:
Steve: Advent, Lent, Weekly Devotionals
Jeff: Advent, Lent, Weekly Devotionals.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home