Friday, October 17, 2008

Honor, Revisited

Short post tonight, because I'm tired.

Image is from Ritter Park this evening. I finally found time, battery power and a pretty fall tree all at the same time for pictures.

I wrote a post the day before yesterday about my experience calling someone to pray at a meeting. She was very excited to say yes, and I wondered why we all didn't feel the great honor of prayer.

Bob left a comment saying that for some of us, the fear of public speaking overrides the honor of prayer.

I agree totally. What was actually amazing to me, though, was the actual concept of prayer itself. Isn't it incredible that the Creator of the universe invites us to be in communication (even if private and silent) with him at all? Prayer itself is the honor.

Some people don't have (or don't believe they have) the gift of public prayer. That's fine! But, we are all invited to prayer, even if we do it in the "closet," completely alone. Sometimes, though, we (I) ignore the invitation from God to pray. We skip it. I skip it. We go about our daily business with no prayer at all. We ignore that honor.

Thanks for the comment, Bob!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home