Sunday, September 28, 2008

House United

I heard about a great church fellowship event yesterday. If you live in West Virginia, you might know that WVU and Marshall played football yesterday. To be honest, I didn't know about the game until a couple people from work mentioned it on Friday. Yes, apparently I live in a cave.

But anyway, if you live in West Virginia, you may have noticed that there are license plates around the state which say "A House Divided" for those families which have members who attend both schools.

A UM church in Hurricane had a party yesterday to watch the football game together. They had t-shirts made up that say, "A House United."

I think that's cool. I think that's a goal for which we should all aim.

We are moving closer and closer to election day. I don't like this time of year because people begin to talk about politics. That wouldn't be so bad, but I get annoyed when people -- of either and both parties -- present their viewpoint as if it is the only possible opinion, and everyone else is stupid and wrong.

No one is ever completely right. Why do we act as if we are? And why does anyone think that calling another person an idiot (or acting as if he/she is one) will convince him that his opinion is wrong?

A house united. Will we ever see it as a possibility?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home