Sunday, September 21, 2008

When You Believe

As part of worship today, the choir presented the song "When you believe" from the movie Prince of Egypt. It's a great song.

Take a look at this verse and the chorus:

Yet now I'm standing here
My heart's so full I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words
I never thought I'd say

There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe
As I was looking for the lyrics on the web this evening, a YouTube video from the movie caught my eye. The scene from the movie when Moses parts the Red Sea took my breath away. Even in cartoon format, it was incredible.

It occurs to me that to witness something like that would be life altering. How could your faith remain the same? How could you avoid transformation? And yet, even though they had seen Moses do something so incredible, they still had a faith which would waver and doubt.

Why do we do that? Why is it that even though we see and feel the presence of God at times, and it is life altering, there are still times when our faith wavers. Our firm belief becomes shaky. Where is our trust?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home