Monday, September 22, 2008

Impact

For some reason, my laptop would not connect with the Internet last night, and I was so tired, I just kept falling asleep as I was trying to persuade it to "make nice" with the wireless modem, so this post is backdated.

This is an image that Steve took on his architectural tour of Indianapolis. It's a brass plaque not far from the hotel. There is no church presently on this site, but just this sign attached to a store front.

We get so caught up in maintaining our churches (and I am one of the ones who do, so I know of what I speak), that we forget the building or the name is not what is important. A church used to exist on this spot, and the building is now gone. What was the lasting effect of its presence? Was the neighborhood changed? Were the church members transformed? Are there believers in Indianapolis because this church once existed? Did its presence spread the gospel into the future, or is this all that is left?

What is our impact?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home