Saturday, February 09, 2008

Eyes Open

I've noticed that lately I haven't been posting many pictures. It is because I haven't been TAKING many pictures. The world outside has been dreary -- wintery. The sky has been overcast, the trees are bare. The outside world has seemed monochrome.

I decided coming into work that this was a challenge that I had been ignoring. God is always around, and if I really believe that I use my camera to capture God's handiwork in nature -- those "ah ha" moments when he stops me, and points out wonders around me, then he would be doing that all year round, if I would only pay attention.

So before I went into the lab on Friday, I carried my camera around with me and walked around our building, looking at the fields and surrounding hillsides. The picture I posted yesterday was one of the ones I captured, as are the three posted today.

God-images -- beauty even in the tip of an evergreen and a dying leaf. Beauty even in an overcast sunrise. Joy in the dreary. God, close by, so often ignored, but willing to be seen if we will open our eyes to his presence.

Images: Leaf, pine tree and sunrise at the VA.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home