Saturday, January 26, 2008

More of Himself

It has been a very long day. I'm too tired to really write anything, but I will share one through from today.

The choir sand at our worship service today. They sang the same song as they did last Sunday, called Come and Build Your Church. I may not have the words exactly right, but there was one particular line is that God will building his church, not out of wood and stone, but out of people (the real line is much more poetic).

That line made me sad -- it reminded me of Jim. Jim was church -- in Jim, God built his church.

You would think that becoming part of a larger group would decrease Jim's individual identity. What is interesting to me is that even though Jim was part of the church, his inclusion in this Body of Christ didn't decrease his identity - it increased it. Being part of the church -- following God -- made Jim MORE of himself. It's Christ-like, and it is the opposite of what we would guess.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home