Sunday, September 09, 2007

Philemon tidbits

The lectionary reading for worship today was from Philemon. As I read along with Carol, a few phrases jumped out at me.

Verse 7b: ...the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you, my brother. Isn't that cool? Wouldn't you love for someone to say something like that to you? Isn't a great vision to be a "heart refresher?"

Verse 13: I wanted to keep him with me, so that he might be of service to me in your place during my imprisonment for the gospel. God is like that. God is not a God of force. He insists that our worship be voluntary; that our service and love be our own choice.

Verse 21b: ...knowing that you will do even more than I say. A spirit of generosity. A wish to do more than we are asked to do. Do you know what that brings? Joy.

Image: 5th Street bridge this evening.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home