Thursday, September 06, 2007

Stop braking

I was driving down the road the other day, on Veterans Memorial Blvd. Coming toward me, in the other lane, was a truck towing a car on a chain. I don't know what was wrong with the car being towed -- maybe it was stuck in park, maybe the brake was on, or maybe the driver of the car being towed had no idea how to find neutral. This car was being drug down the road -- tires not turning at all. It shimmied and squealed all over the road.

Are we like that sometimes when God is trying to lead us? Do we put on the brakes, or insist that we don't want to take our lives out of park? What great experiences would await us if we just listened to God, took our foot off the brakes, and followed Christ?

Amazing developments, I imagine!

Image: Poke berry flowers. I don't know that I've ever seen this before.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home