Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Open my ears

I want to take this post to tell the "rest of the story."

Yesterday, I posted about my anticipation of God's touch during the preparation of an Emmaus talk, and how I was wondering when and if it would happen.

To understand this story, you need to understand the reason I like the song The Voice of Truth so much. Without going into the whole, very long story, let me just say that it always reminds me that God is with me; that he will walk with me through any project which he has asked me to undertake.

So yesterday, after I had completed the post I linked above, I walked across the room to the radio. It was 4:30. I should have been headed out of the lab. I stopped at the radio and turned it on. Some song, that I don't remember, was playing. Back at the desk, I was working on something, checking email for the last time before turning off the computer, when the song Voice of Truth came on the radio.

Consider me reminded. Know that I have faith that God will help me with the talk for the Emmaus walk. I am confident of God's presence.

I found this verse on the blog this evening, as I looked for a post I have never written (I've never written about my Voice of Truth experience -- I'm really surprised).

Open my ears, that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave notes fall on my ear,
Everything false will disappear.


(Open My Eyes, That I May See by Clara Scott.)

Image: I was driving off of the high school hill this morning, entranced by the sunrise. I just held the camera up to the window and snapped. I didn't even aim. Sunrise on the HHS hill.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home