Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hello -- Goodbye

I have an index card in my bag with ideas for blog posts. Right this minute, I don't want to write any of them. It's not that I don't find them interesting; I do -- but I think that they will have to wait. I just don't have it in me tonight.

So instead, how about a Friday 5 from the RevGalBlogPals?

This one is on endings and beginnings:

  1. Best ending of a movie/book/TV show: I'm a sucker for good endings. Movies, books, TV-shows -- in order to be on my "good" list, these must all have happy, good endings. Sitting here, tonight, I'm thinking of the ending of The Bourne Identity, which I really liked. One of my favorite books, Outlander, by Diana Galbaldon, has a great ending (while it's sequel, Dragonfly in Amber, does not). The series ending of Sex and the City (which is actually a television show about friendship) has a great, uplifting ending.
  2. Worst ending of a movie/book/TV show: When we were dating, Steve and I went to see a movie called The Naked Face. Awful, awful ending! Don't rent it -- if you could rent it. She gets shot, right at the end. I read The Great Gatsby this summer -- not a great ending.
  3. Tell about a memorable goodbye you've experienced: Steve and I were in the hospital room as his grandfather died. It was a strange thing to watch. I could pinpoint them moment when it seemed that his spirit left his body. He breathed a few more times, but he was already gone. His wife, Steve's grandmother, said, "'Till death do us part."
  4. Is it true that "all good things must come to an end"? No. Some things are eternal.
  5. "Everything I ever let go of has claw marks on it." --Anne Lamott Discuss. Change is difficult for me. It always has been. I wonder if that means that letting go of things is difficult for me. Sometimes it is, and my claw marks would be evident. Not always, but sometimes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home