Thursday, September 20, 2007

Make a movement

I was trying to capture the look of the sunrise this morning as it came through the trees at the VA. It was really pretty, creating some beautiful sun rays.

It's hard to catch rays of the sun sometimes, and I wasn't having a great amount of luck. Until I moved. Once I moved a little bit down the parking lot, I was able to get the picture of the rays.

Do you notice that sometimes God seems far away? Are there times when you miss his presence. There are for me.

When I moved through the parking lot, and was able to capture the sun's rays, my view changed. The sun didn't move; I did.

Could it be that same way with God? Could it be that we need to move, just a little? Do we need to move from skipping devotionals to making time for them? Do we need to move from rushing through prayer to finding time for prayer? Do we need to move from home to church for worship? Do we need to walk down the street to work in service to others? Does changing our position sometimes mean that we can catch the son's rays?

Sometimes this doesn't work. There are times when we just need to wait patiently for God. But other times, what is needed is for us to make the effort to move, just a little, in order to see God more clearly.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home