Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Investment

Yes, I know you can't see it. I know that it looks like a blur next to the hummingbird feeder. What it actually is, though, is a hummingbird.

We've had the feeder since the end of May. Today is the first time I've seen a bird near it. We've waited a very long time to see one of these lovely creatures.

OK, I admit, we put nectar in it in May, and then forgot about it -- we've traveled a lot lately, and haven't been home to pay attention to the hummingbird feeder. We finally put some nectar in it on Sunday.

One of the speakers at SPLAT challenged us to pray for the one who is bothering us. To pray for 21 days straight. We encounter a problem, and say we have prayed for it to be solved, and then get frustrated with no response. Jesus says to be persistent in prayer. I am anything but persistent in prayer. I say a prayer, abandon the effort, and then get frustrated that there is no transformation.

Like hummingbirds, prayer requires more than passing attention. A relationship with God needs more nurturing than just a 5 second prayer. We need to invest ourselves in it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivy said...

Thank you for those thoughts. It`s something I need to learn to do too.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home