Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

Thanks so much to Jim of WabiSabi for nominating Sandpiper's Thoughts for a Thinking Blogger Award. Go check out Jim's blog. He's a Huntington resident, just like me -- we call the same church home. The MEME started at the blog The Thinking Blog; to read about it, check out this post.

As a recipient of the award, I now have the privilege of nominating five more blogs for this award. Truthfully, not many people read my blog, so I doubt any of these blog writers will ever know they have been mentioned, but perhaps, if you are reading this, you might run over to one of these blogs and take a gander.
Here are the rules of the MEME:
  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
  2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
  3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote
Without further ado, five blogs that make me think:
  1. See-through Faith is written by Lorna, from Finland. It is a blog whose purpose is to provide voice to Lorna's journey. Her faith is very evident in her writing.
  2. Real Live Preacher is written by Gordon Atkinson, a baptist preacher in Texas. His writing is articulate and varies from essays to short stories.
  3. Enter the Rainbow, whose title I love, is the blog of a newly ordained United Methodist Elder named Andy Bryan. Great posts -- here's one of my recent favorites (about Luke 10)
  4. Not written by one particular person, but by a group of women, Revgalblogpal has various regular posts that always make me think. I don't belong to the ring (while I am a gal, I am not now nor do I intend to become a Rev.)
  5. Another compilation blog, the Methoblog is a great resource. Submissions are made often, highlighting different posts across the Methodist blogosphere.

    I read many other blogs, including Wabi Sabi and his wife's blog, Smallest Angel. I wish Linda of Pearl's Wisdom would write more often (hint hint). I especially enjoy the blogs of Cheesehead and St. Casserole, two female ministers (of the RevGalBlogPal list). For a full list of blogs I read, see the sidebar.

    Thanks again, Jim

    Labels:

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kim, Congrats, Your blog makes me think often, stumbling across it has surely blessed me.

    4:22 AM  
    Blogger St. Casserole said...

    Congrats!

    Thanks for reading my bloggage.

    10:49 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home