Thursday, June 14, 2007

God in the Dark

Have I mentioned that we are with the Youth group at Ichthus? So how about some Ichthus pictures?

If you read the blog, or skim back through it, I imagine that you will find many pictures of the sun and the sky. I find sky pictures to be beautiful, and I feel close to God when I look at the sky.

But, tonight, as I was listening to Third Day, the final band of night, it occured to me to wonder where God is in the dark. It's easy to see him in a sunset, or as the light peaking from behind a cloud, but where is he when the sun is gone?

Tonight, he was in the caress of the breeze -- relief after a hot afternoon. He was in the exuberance of a youth group, in the patience of youth leaders, and in the sleepiness of a child. He was in the closeness of friends, and in the splash of lights against the night sky. He drifted across the air on the notes of Blessed Assurance, and vibrated with clapped hands.

Let no one doubt that God can be seen in the dark.

Images: Sun peaking from behind the clouds, sunset on Ichthus. The blue and yellow circles are behind the lead singer of Third Day, and the stage view is of the David Crowder band.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see a post from Ichthus --- what a wonderful experience! You've all been in my prayers, and I look forward to hearing from everyone when you come home. Louie Giglio was the speaker at my first Ichthus - WOW, what a dynamic message - I'm sure you will all be blessed by what he has to share. AND THEN you also hear from Shane Claiborne - one who truly, literally lives the gospel message. (Can you tell there's a part of me wishing to be there with you?)

Now, some words of wisdom from our own Betsy, who was with me during our night-time treks to the Port-a Potty...."It's not so bad. Just don't look down."

Love you all -
Linda

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home