Wednesday, June 06, 2007

God is in control

The West Virginia Annual conference began today. I'm a lay member from our church, and Steve is a lay equilization member. This is the first time either one of us have been to Annual Conference, so be patient with a rookie's interpretation.

We went to a gospel sing this evening which featured two groups -- "Joyful Noise" and the "Proclaimers." I think that was their name.

One of the songs which they sang reassured us that God is in control. I wrote that phrase down on my little blog idea index card. I makes me wonder what is actually meant by that phrase. God is in control. What does that mean?


I don't believe that we have special protection from evil since we are Christians. If that is the reality, then we can't expect to not experience heartache or problems.

So what does the phrase "God control" mean? Does it mean that he is always present with us? The he is in control of the ultimate happy ending? That his plans for us are good? That resurrection in this life and into the next is available (another blog post coming, I think)?

I may have to return to this idea -- tired now, but enjoy the pictures of Wesley Chapel. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home