Monday, June 11, 2007

Lead me, Lord

Logos -- Psalm 5:1-8

Psalm 5:1-8

Listen to me, Father,
Listen to my words
Hear the sound of my voice,
Hear the sound of my sighing,
Hear the soundlessness of my heart crying.

I cry to you, and ask your help.
You are my King,
My salvation,
My rock,
My last resort.
I send my prayers to you,
and beg you to give them wings.

As I watch the magnificence of nature
In the rising of the sun,
which you created,
I call to you,
and pray that you recognize the voice
Of one of your children.
Like a child, I ask for what I need
without reservation.
And I await your movement
across my heart.
Your breath across my face
I wait in expectation,
certain of your grace.

You do not take pleasure in evil
You judge the right and the wrong,
You recognize violence and deceit.
You will not let it pass.

I come in expectation of your mercy,
I enter your house,
As a child,
Sure of my welcome.
I feel your presence,
And my heartrate increases,
I bow before the one who created me,
and who has led me home.

Lead me, Lord
Lead me in your righteousness.
Make your way plain and straight,
So that I might walk along your path
Into your presence,
and not be lost.

Image: The sky on the way home Saturday evening.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home