Wednesday, August 14, 2024

National Relaxation Day

 According to my Facebook Planner page (that I use to schedule Facebook posts for my church) tomorrow, August 15, is National Relaxation Day.  It was originally proposed by a 9-year old from Ohio. As I planned the week for my church's Facebook page, I wondered if a post about this day would be appropriate.  I often post information graphics - like the week's schedule, invitations to events and worship, and opportunities for mission. Sometimes I post items that are just for fun, such as a National Relaxation Day post.

Each day, I list a few things for which I am grateful.  Often there are items that get repeated, such as an evening at home, a fun night out, or time to relax. I think our natural rhythm needs to include relaxation. I think Sabbath is confirmation of that.

So, tomorrow, take a few minutes (or a few hours) to relax. Renew. Recharge.  It will be a day the Lord has made; rejoice and be glad in it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home