Monday, January 02, 2023

I'm Back


One of my pet peeves is when a person of does YouTube videos on a regular basis just stops doing them.  They pop back in for a bit and tell us all how they needed a break, and how they were prioritizing other things (more important than the YouTube channel), and that they are now determined to be back, posting regularly.  That's not my pet peeve.  My pet peeve is when they say that, but don't follow through with it. (and I need to be less judgmental). 

I would like to say that I deliberately took a break from the blog.  I've taken breaks before, but never one this long.  It wasn't deliberate - it was just falling out of the habit. I just unintentionally stopped posting.  (Makes it sound like it was an accident, doesn't it?).

I do like posting, though.  I like the discipline of it.  I like the inspiration that comes from it.  Often, I'm sitting in worship or in a meeting, and an idea for a post comes to my mind from what I'm hearing.  I jot the kernel of the idea down, and later, I write about it.  Blogging helps me listen to life more.  It helps me sharpen the saw of writing.  It opens ideas for me of God's presence and work in the world.  The blog is a good thing.  And I miss it when I stop.

So, today is December 19, and I'm planning the return to the blog.  My goal is to start posting on January 2 and to continue with the schedule of posts I had for the first part of 2022 - two written posts a week and an image post once a week.  I'm hoping that planning ahead with get me back in the groove of writing.  I like to write posts ahead, so here we go.

Over the past six months, Steve and I took an advanced course called Come to the Water.  I also took an online course called Devotion to Jesus.  I imagine my writing for those courses will influence some of my posts in the next few months. I've registered for another class - this one called Women Speak of God.  I hope that course is beneficial as well.  I'm still teaching a CLM Conference Course - we finish up on January 8.  I'll then start preparing for a third cohort class.  I think my writing is better when there is something else going on that sparks posts.

Third, I bought a keyboard for my iPad, which I hope will make writing more convenient - since I won't have to get out the laptop to do it.

So, there you go - planning, inspiration, and convenience - I hope all three of those combine to get me going and regularly posting on the blog.  And I hope I don't become an example of what bugs me about commitments given - commitment failure (but I can be less judgmental, can't I?).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

Not to criticize, but I think anyone who posts regularly should have a plan to let followers know they are OK. Summer of 2022 someone I read regularly got sick he had his family update his readers every couple of days, sadly he passed but it is better than just disappearing.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home