Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Don't you see it?

Inspired by Isaiah 43:16-21

Almighty, All loving, all knowing God,
The God who parts the sea
Who divides the ocean
Who makes a dry path in water,
The God who is more powerful than 
anything we can imagine, 
anything we describe,
tell us...

Forget about the way it used to be
Stop thinking about the past.
Focus instead on what I am about to do.
I, the God who created the universe out of nothing,
is doing a new thing.
I have done it, 
Don't you see it?

I, the God of the lost and forsaken,
have made a path in the wilderness.
I, the God of the parched
have brought rivers to the desert.

The wild animals recognize it,
they see what I have done,
and they honor me.
I bring water where they never expected to find it.
I quench their thirst.

And to you, too,
the ones I created,
the ones I love,
the new thing,
sprung up in the unexpected places
is for you.

Don't you see it?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home