Wednesday, October 10, 2018

God is with us


Interesting how social media can throw thoughts at you and how those thoughts can collide.

Take a look at this video (language warning, but you can handle it).


"Faith tells me that my worthiness does not come from my busy-ness."

Compare that to something I saw on Facebook on almost the same day, shared by a person of faith I know.  It was a quote that said, "God is saying to you today, 'I know you are physically and emotionally drained.  But you have to keep on going. I will see you through."

So, what is God really telling us?

I was in the break room at work one day, and a young mother was speaking to another woman in the room. They were discussing someone they had in common, who had recently had a baby.  The newest mother they were speaking about was having a hard time getting it all done - she was exhausted -  and the two in the room were discussing what hints to give her to help her.  So I, who was not part of the conversation, threw in my two cents.  They were: your house will not always be clean, and its OK.  Take time for yourself. You cannot do it all.  

They both looked at me as if I had two heads.  I felt as if they were saying, "Well, what kind of mother are you?"

What kind of mother am I? I'm a great mom, whose boys know I love them, whose house is never clean, who has a career she loves, whose husband is her best friend, and who takes time for herself, to the benefit of everyone.  I'm a mother who is 55 years old (Is that right? I lose count), and who is confident in life enough to know that I know what I'm talking about.  Your house will not always be clean, and it is OK.  Take time for yourself.  You cannot do it all.

So, back to the Question - what is God really telling us?  I think God is telling us God loves us.  God's love for us does not depend on us working ourselves literally to death.  In fact, God is saying - Stop it!  Take a Sabbath.  Take a rest.  Stop trying to do all of it.  And know that when those times come that we cannot control what is happening to us, and we have to work through it even though we are to the breaking point - God is with us.   

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger birdwatcher said...

Thank you for the video - and the reminder that when the plates come crashing down,it's OK - in fact may bring a bit of lightening laughter as we gather together to pick up the pieces.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home