Friday, April 21, 2017

Logos: Acts 2:26c

... therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; moreover my flesh will live in hope.  (Acts 2:26)

I see children who are fed,
who are cared for, 
who are nurtured,
even if they have no home.

My flesh will live in hope!

I see the one who has been hurt,
whose family has been killed,
whose life has been turned upside down
by someone else,
by someone who could be the object of hate,
but is instead forgiven.

My flesh will live in hope!

I see the man in pain,
who has lost his love to horrible disease,
who has suffered with her,
for her,
wishing to suffer instead of her,
but is now without her.
I see the church 
surrounding him with love.
He is not alone.

My flesh will live in hope!

I see the town 
destroyed by flood.
I see the mud, the loss, the grief.
I see the caring come to offer solace,
rebuilding,
help.
I see the resurrection of the town.

My flesh will live in hope!

Christ is alive
Christ is within us,
Christ is with us.

and my flesh will live in hope!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home