Friday, January 13, 2017

Logos: Isaiah 49:1-4

Portland Head Lighthouse, Maine
Isaiah 49:1-4
Listen to me, O coastlands, pay attention, you peoples from far away! The Lord called me before I was born, while I was in my mother's womb he named me. 
He made my mouth like a sharp sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me away. 
And he said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified.” But I said, “I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my cause is with the Lord, and my reward with my God.” 
Ponder for a few moments what it means that God called you before you were born. Think about what it means that God knew your name before your parents did. You are created by God, loved by God, called by God to God's purposes.

What does it mean that you are a polished arrow in God's quiver, hidden away. You are prepared (polished) for the work God calls you to do. You are kept close to God, in God's arsenal of tools as God walks - you are the way God will accomplish God's will.

 In you, God will be glorified. In you, God will transform the world. Your labor will be changed so that it is no longer for nothing and vanity, but so that the work you do for God is productive and meaningful. You are lacking nothing in the way you are made or prepared. You are ready for what God wants you to do. Fly.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home