Thursday, January 12, 2017

Someone Else

In Sunday school a few weeks ago, Mike was telling the story of a young boy he coached in baseball.  This was a player who never hit the ball and never was able to run to the first base. One day, he hit it. Everyone stood around, because everyone else thought someone else would go get the ball.  The boy was able to run to first base, and when he got there, his whole body expressed his joy in the accomplishment.

As Mike told the story, that phrase, "everyone thought someone else would go get the ball" stuck with me. Are we like that in life? Are we like that in church? Do we too often say, " Someone should..."?  Or, "I wish somebody would..."? Is God watching us, thinking, "I certainly wish at least one of them would..."?

Are we waiting for someone else to catch the ball? Why don't we do it? Are we busier than everyone else? Are we less talented? Less interested? Less involved? 

Could it be that we are just to lazy? Am I too lazy?

I'm mixing the metaphor just a little, but I'm certain we are missing out on the joy.


Don't hear that I'm saying we should do everything, but I think most of us aren't in danger of doing that.  Is there something God is calling you to do that you are waiting for someone else to do?  How about me?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home