Monday, August 18, 2014

Gratitude

I really do have some new pictures to show you; I just need to spend some quality time with my laptop computer first.  Anyway...

I just started a book I've had on my shelf for a while called I bought a House on Gratitude Street by J. Ellsworth Kalas.  I think I'll write today's posts with just a few one liners from what I've read so far (Introduction and half of Chapter 1).  Maybe some of these will be future posts; maybe they will only serve as springboards for your own thoughts:

  • Gratitude is love applied...gratitude is love with a memory.
  • If you insist on holding on to the conviction that you're a self-made person, you'll never buy property of Gratitude Street.
  • When we rise above deprivation, it can easily make us small and mean inside...
  • Gratitude that is not expressed is meaningless.  Gratitude is not complete if it is simply a feeling within one's bosom.  Unfortunately, however, we often leave gratitude in that unfinished state.  That is because gratitude is such a warm and fuzzy feeling that we think the feeling is the essence of gratitude when in truth the feeling is just the beginning.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home