Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Happy

Time for a little happy break.  Go watch this.


Come along if you feel like a room without a roof.
Clap along if you feel that happiness is the truth.

Thanks to Bishop Tom Bickerton for pointing all of us to this song at our recent Annual Conference.  He played it as part of a sermon, and everyone in the chapel was dancing and clapping.

I had a teacher in high school - Mr. Hundley.  Mr. Hundley was always smiling.  He greeted every student with a smile.  One day he asked me if I knew why he was always so happy - he was happy because he had had cancer, but was still alive.

We are still alive.  In Christ, we are more alive than we ever could be without Christ.  Shouldn't we be happy?

I don't mean that we can always feel the pleasure of life going our way.   I mean deep down joy.  I mean lightness of spirit that fills us.  There will be down, desperate times, but in the midst of them, we are living in the joy of God.

BIshop Bickerton quoted someone that Christian worship is boring.  Why are we boring?  We are boring because we don't let the joy of God shine through in our worship.

We are ALIVE.  We should act like it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This touched my heart--literally! I choose to be happy.. I am still alive. I loved this video.Now I understand the dancing in church.
mom

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home