Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Loving God

Continuing from yesterday, I said that it is necessary to look upon the crucifixion to see the pain of Christ in death so that we will come to understand the love that Christ has for us.

Julian of Norwich goes on to say:
But there is no greater physical pain that this; how could I suffer greater pain than to see him who is all my life, all my bliss and all my joy suffer?  Here I felt truly that I loved Christ so much more than myself that I thought it would have been a great comfort to me if my body had died.
Isn't that the opposite of what I said at first?  And can it be that it is ALSO necessary to look at the crucifixion to come to understand our love of Christ?

Will we come to realize when we see how much Christ suffered out of his love for us that we truly and deeply and with all of our being, love God?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home