Friday, February 21, 2014

Choosing to Believe

Yesterday I talked about a woman who had been missing last weekend.  As I mentioned, the congregation was praying for her. In fact, we were in the middle of praying during worship, holding hands across the sanctuary.  We said, "Amen," and Steve's phone buzzed.  It was an email from the woman's daughter that said, "We found her.  Details to follow."  It was a wow moment.

We found out later that the woman had driven her car up a one-lane road on a mountain, parked and spent the night there, in her car.  She was found by three men who were on the mountain. They reacted with compassion and called for help.  The ambulance that came to get her had to back down the mountain because there was no room to turn around.  Once plans were in place to bring the woman home, her daughter called a towing company to see about getting the car off the mountain.  She found out that the mountain was so snowed in that that Fire Department had advised the towing company that it was too dangerous.

I have two choices.  I can believe that the woman was lucky.  I can choose to believe that God had nothing to do with it.

Or I can choose to have faith in God.  I can chooses to believe that somehow, he was able to keep her safe during her drive, to prevent tragedy on a mountain, to motivate three men to find her and to be compassionate, and that God used the timing of an email message to remind us all that he is involved in our lives.

It's my choice.  I choose to believe.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger birdwatcher said...

AMEN - a true "WOW" moment. Thanks for sharing this.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home