Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Advent 1 Lectionary Resources

I'm playing around with writing for worship and the lectionary.  The following are based on the Lectionary Readings for the First Sunday in Advent.
 
 
Call to Worship: Jeremiah 33:14-16

Leader: The day is surely coming when God’s promises will be fulfilled.
People: The Lord is our righteousness.
Leader: In this day, in this hour, let us lift up our voices in praise and worship.
People: The Lord is our righteousness
All: And God’s promises have been fulfilled.


Collect: Luke 21:25-36

Almighty God, who breathes life into us even though we were created from dust, keep us ever watchful for your presence and guidance so that we may recognize that your kingdom is near; through Christ our Lord, Amen.


Prayer:  Psalm 25:1-7

In you, O God, I place my trust.
Keep me in your care.
Keep me in your presence.

At times the world feels like it is full of enemies.
At times I feel as if the world schemes against me.
In you, O God, I place my trust.

Draw me close.
Open my eyes to your nature.
Show me which way to go.

Lead me in your truth.
Teach me your ways.
In you, O God, I find my salvation.
In you, O God, I place my trust.

Remind me each day of who you are.
Let me not forget your love and compassion.
May who you are be remembered in who I am.

I confess that I have not loved you.
That I have not followed you.
Forgive my sins.
Erase my errors.
See me with your eyes of love.
Cover me with your goodness.
In you, O God, I place my trust.

Benediction: 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13

May the Lord whose very nature is love, increase your love for each other and for the world.
May the Lord who is holiness itself increase your holiness so that you may be blameless.
And may you step out into the world as a beacon of faith and hope.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger birdwatcher said...

Thanks be to God.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home