Monday, November 26, 2012

Goals for Advent

Standing on Coopers' Rock

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  Mine was restful and peaceful, followed by much cleaning and re-organizing.

Advent is the beginning of a new year.  A new liturgical year.  I feel as if I have follow out of many of the habits I find fruitful, spiritually.  My commitment today, near the beginning of Advent, is to pick them back up.

1.  Daily devotionals
2.  Spiritual reading
3.  Daily prayer.

I think that by picking these up again, I will, once again, enjoy their fruit, which includes most importantly, a closer relationship to God.

Another result will be, I hope, more frequent and better written blog posts. 

Today's question in the devotional I read was, "As you move toward Advent, where will you find your space for self-examination and for mixed emotions?"  (Disciplines 2012)  My goal, as I move toward Advent, is to find the space for spiritual discipline.  I think if I can do that, much of the rest will take care of itself.

By the way, if you are looking for an Advent devotional, emailed to your inbox, our church produces one.  You can find it at www.jmadvent.blogspot.com. 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I wrote this morning about how your church Advent site inspired my playing with my church Advent site, making it more Advent-y. Thanks!!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home