Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Song of Joy


Inspired by Zephaniah 3:14-20

Sing a song of Joy, my children.
Shout your praise of God, my beloved.
Celebrate and proclaim the Word of God,
You, who are a precious creation
of the Lord of the universe.
 
Our God has taken away
the judgments against us.
He has restored our relationship
with our enemies.
 
God is here.
He is moving among us,
and we have nothing to fear.
 
Today, God speaks to us.
His words ring true,
full of grace and power.
A pure note of joy,
Vibrating through our spirits.
 
Fear not.  Be strong.
I am your God,
and I am here.
You are in my presence.
 
I have given you victory over sin,
victory over pain and tears.
I have made you
and remade you,
and you bring laughter and joy
to my face.
 
You are my beloved children.
I sing of my love for you
with every breeze,
every ray of sun,
every bird song.

My love for you has removed
all blame, all guilt,
all sin.
I have made you clean.
 
I am here with you,
and I have forgotten none of you.
The outcast, the broken, the lost,
the stubborn, and the brave,
all are my beloved creations.
I will make your names known
throughout the earth.
I will make my salvation for you
obvious to all.
 
I will wrap my arms around all of you
and welcome you home.
You will see me
and you will know
that you rest in my hand,
and you have nothing to fear.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home