Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The True Beast

The following is a quote from the book A Horse and his Boy by C.S. Lewis. It is spoken by Aslam:
"Now Bree," he said, "you poor, proud frightened Horse, draw near. Nearer still, my son. Do not dare not to dare. Touch me. Smell me. Here are my paws, here is my tail, these are my whiskers. I am a true Beast."
There was a question in the comments yesterday about the phrase I used as an inspiration for the post. It was from the above book, and here it is quoted correctly.

Do we dare to move closer to God? Do we dare not to more closer? Do we realize that the closer we move to God, the more we will come to realize that he is God? From far away, we can fool ourselves into believing that we can put God in a box, that we can talk ourselves out of faith, that we can limit his power. But the closer we get, the more we come to understand that he is "a true Beast," as Aslam says.

Do we dare to have our faith strengthened by that understanding? What difference will it make in our lives? Do we dare? Or do we dare not to?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home