Monday, October 31, 2011

Free Nature of Grace

I'm back from the Emmaus Walk.  While I was serving this weekend, I stepped out of the conference room to get a breath of fresh air .
 
It was a beautiful day. Someone had spread pieces of bread across the yard and there were probably 30 birds picking up pieces of bread and eating them. I don't know for sure, but it looked like someone had disposed of communion bread by spreading it out for the animals, and these birds were enjoying it.

As I watched them, I thought -- these birds don't worry if they are worthy, or perfect. They don't worry if they have earned this unexpected gift or not. They just realize they were need the bread, so they eat it. I wonder if we could learn a lesson from birds. It felt like God was making use of the birds to make his point -- the free nature of grace.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home