Monday, October 24, 2011

Practice

A list of random thoughts:
  1. I would like to participate in an in-depth Bible study, but none is being offered at my church.  I wish it were being offered.
  2. I am trying to do some study on my own, but I lack focus and determination to get it done.  If I want it so badly, it seems that I should be able to do it.
  3. Is part of the problem a lack of community as I do it alone?  Probably.
  4. A sermon last week has prompted me to pick up daily devotional reading again.  It's hard to get up in the morning early enough to do it. 
  5. I like doing it, but I also like sleeping.  I wonder if getting into the routine of it will make it less difficult.
At the church where I was this Sunday, the young adult leading the children's moment explained the necessity of practicing for spiritual growth.  She told them she really wanted to juggle, and then she showed them how, in spite of her desire, she had no ability.  "Why not?"  she asked.  "Practice!" the kids explained to her.

Practice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home