Sunday, March 27, 2011

I am

In the past week, I've heard reminders of Jesus as part of the Trinity twice (not that I need reminded, but the manner of the reminder is the same).

JtM told a story he had heard at a seminary session lately.  Think of John 14:6:

Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Read that remembering that God told Moses his name was I am. 

Could that passage mean that God is the way, the truth and the light?  I think so.

Jack preached about the Woman at the Well today.  The response Jesus tells her, in the Greek, says " A am."  (John 4:26):

Jesus said to her, ‘I am he, the one who is speaking to you.’
The NRSV adds 'he.'  The Greek only has 'I am.'

Interesting to hear both of those comparisons within one week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home