|My bookshelf in my office|
- What books have you recently read? Tell us your opinion of them. I have been read Indulgence in Death for many weeks now. It's a mystery by J.D. Robb. I like all of her books, and this one was no exception. What made it unusual was how long it took me to finish it. I finally decided when I got this morning that I would just sit and read it to the end. I've also been reading Five Practices for Fruitful Living by Robert Schnase. I like it, but I'm only a little more than halfway through it. I need to find more time to read.
- What books are awaiting your available time to be read? I need to read Schnase's other book -- the first one. Need to find some time!
- Have any books been recently recommended? My husband's prayer/study group is reading Treasures of a Transformed Life. He likes it; maybe I'll pick it up and read it. It's kind of down on the list right now, though.
- What genre of books are your favorite, along with some titles and/or authors you like best? I like a variety of books. Some of my favorite authors are Diana Gabaldon, Nora Roberts, J.D. Robb (same person), Robert Parker (now deceased; I think I've read the last Spencer book), Dean Koontz, John Ortberg, Elizabeth Peters.
- What have you read lately that you have a strong urge to recommend? (or to condemn?)I would recommend any of the books or authors I list above. As I get older, I don't finish books that I don't like, so I never really finish a book I wouldn't recommend. I did finish Ninety Minutes in Heaven, but didn't really like it.