Saturday, January 22, 2011

Books

My bookshelf in my office
From this week's Friday Five at RevGalBlogPals:

  1. What books have you recently read? Tell us your opinion of them. I have been read Indulgence in Death for many weeks now. It's a mystery by J.D. Robb. I like all of her books, and this one was no exception. What made it unusual was how long it took me to finish it. I finally decided when I got this morning that I would just sit and read it to the end. I've also been reading Five Practices for Fruitful Living by Robert Schnase. I like it, but I'm only a little more than halfway through it. I need to find more time to read.
  2. What books are awaiting your available time to be read? I need to read Schnase's other book -- the first one. Need to find some time!
  3. Have any books been recently recommended? My husband's prayer/study group is reading Treasures of a Transformed Life. He likes it; maybe I'll pick it up and read it. It's kind of down on the list right now, though.
  4. What genre of books are your favorite, along with some titles and/or authors you like best? I like a variety of books. Some of my favorite authors are Diana Gabaldon, Nora Roberts, J.D. Robb (same person), Robert Parker (now deceased; I think I've read the last Spencer book), Dean Koontz, John Ortberg, Elizabeth Peters.
  5. What have you read lately that you have a strong urge to recommend? (or to condemn?)I would recommend any of the books or authors I list above. As I get older, I don't finish books that I don't like, so I never really finish a book I wouldn't recommend. I did finish Ninety Minutes in Heaven, but didn't really like it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous sesalley@aol.com said...

I really like the Fruitful Living book too but never have as much time to read as I hope. I'm loving 40 Days of Fruitful Living because it's segmented into short daily reads - if I know I've planned to read just those pages...I stay on track!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Joel Peterson said...

Hmm.. I haven't read any of those books (but I have my reservations about 90 minutes in heaven as well), however, if you're open to recommendations, I would suggest a novel I recently published called "The Journey." It's basically an allegorical call narrative that is geared more toward those currently thinking about vocation, but I have received positive reviews from those who are only young at heart as well. :) It is available on Amazon.com if you are interested.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home