Monday, January 17, 2011

Why get up?

Last Friday's Friday Five at RevGalBlogPals:

Where I am it is dark, and it is cold, and it is snowing. I really wanted to stay in bed with the electric blanket cranked this morning. Share five things that made getting out of bed worthwhile for you today!


  1. I can't remember, but when I got up, I was most likely hot. I probably wanted to come downstairs to cool off. It's a common complaint of mine.
  2. Today was a day off from work, but that doesn't seem to matter much anymore. When I was younger (BK (before kids)), I could sleep until noon. Now, no matter what the day is, whether I have to work or not, I'm up early.  This morning, I got out of bed around 7:00am, which means I slept later than I usually do.
  3. Since I had the day off, and Steve was working, my plan for the morning was to spend the morning knitting and watching TV in our family room.  I knew the boys would sleep late and that Steve would be up and working (he didn't have the day off).  That was my plan, and that's what I did.  A morning of quiet knitting was motivation to get out of bed.
  4. The weekend itself was rather busy.  I led a Board of Directors retreat (Emmaus) on Saturday morning, went to the mall with our boys, and then came home to write a sermon.   There were three worship services on Sunday, the last of which was out our local retirement community (and location of delivery of said sermon), then home.  Today had the promise of a day with no plans and no deadlines.  That's a great motivator to get out of bed.
  5. After the knitting, I went downtown for a quick lunch and a couple of movies. 
The day just promised to be quiet and relaxing, so I was ready to get out of bed (and I was probably hot!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gareth Jones said...

Nice one...
This means you had a perfect day off...

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home