Tuesday, December 22, 2009

God's Love

I read a quote the other day that really stopped me:

God loves me because of who God is, not because of what I do or do not do.
I knew that, but reading it written just like that really solidified it for me.

I don't want God's love of me to be determined by what I do. I don't always do the right thing. I am not always able to resist temptation or to follow the right path. There are things I do that I should not do, and things I should not do that I do. If God based his love of me upon my behavior, then he would not be able to consistently love me, if he could at all.

I believe in the constancy of God. I want God's love of me to be based in his own constant, loving nature, not my own behavior. I can believe that God has a loving, caring nature that never changes, and will not be altered by what I do.

If God loves me because of who he is, then he loves me, and will not stop or change, ever. He is reliable; I am not.

Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Justpeace said...

Very true. Thanks!

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home