Thursday, December 17, 2009

Participants

Something else about worship that I wanted to mention. I think we are called to contribute and participate.

There is a song by Matt Redman called "Heart of Worship." One of the verses says:
I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the ways things appear
You're looking into my heart
What do we bring to worship? Most importantly, we bring ourselves. Our gifts, our presence, our focus. We bring ourselves so as to contribute to worship.

A member of my Sunday school class said one time that she at a certain point in her life, she came to worship empty. Sometimes, I think we bring our emptiness as an offering to God.

My point is that we are not audience. We are particpants in worship.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home