Friday, December 04, 2009

Christmas Nots

The Friday Five at RevGalBlogPal:

I (not me -- Sally, the "poster" of the question) am reading a wonderful little book for Advent. Its title: "Do nothing Christmas is Coming!"

So this weeks Friday Five is simple.

List Five things you won't be doing to prepare for Christmas.

  • Putting up two Christmas trees -- for many, many years, we put up an upstairs tree and a downstairs tree. We gave up the downstairs tree a few years ago because we just don't have the time to do it.
  • I've already missed one thing I used to do -- many years ago we used to get up EARLY on the day after thanksgiving and go shopping. Now, we sleep late on that Friday, and do not go near a mall.
  • Cooking a turkey. We used to have turkey for both Christmas and Thanksgiving. Why did we do the same menu? Not anymore.
  • Stressing. I used to; not anymore. It will all get done.
  • Buying a whole lot of toys. I kind of miss toys, but the boys are too old. I miss Legos -- picking them out I mean; I don't miss stepping on stray Legos in the house and hurting myself!

As a bonus -- one thing I would LIKE to not do in preparation for Christmas -- wrap presents after the 11:00 PM Christmas Eve service. How great would it be to actually be READY for Christmas morning before going to church on Christmas Eve. It would be great to come home and just go to bed, rather than wrapping into the wee hours of the morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home