Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals:

The Cure
Lying around all day
with some strange new deep blue
weekend funk, I'm not really asleep
when my sister calls
to say she's just hung up
from talking with Aunt Bertha
who is 89 and ill but managing
to take care of Uncle Frank
who is completely bed ridden.
Aunt Bert says
it's snowing there in Arkansas,
on Catfish Lane, and she hasn't been
able to walk out to their mailbox.
She's been suffering
from a bad case of the mulleygrubs.
The cure for the mulleygrubs,
she tells my sister,
is to get up and bake a cake.
If that doesn't do it, put on a red dress.
--Ginger Andrews (from Hurricane Sisters)

So this Friday before Thanksgiving, think about Aunt Bert and how she'll celebrate Thanksgiving! And how about YOU?
  1. What is your cure for the "mulleygrubs"? Dinner and coffee with friends -- or just conversation; the food and drink is really just an accessory
  2. Where will you be for Thanksgiving? We'll be home -- sort of. Steve and I are preparing dinner and taking it down to Mom's house. We'll have dinner with family.
  3. What foods will be served? Which are traditional for your family? It's a very traditional menu -- turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc. The traditional meal is a tradition for our family.
  4. How do you feel about Thanksgiving as a holiday? I like Thanksgiving. I'm not crazy about the idea that the Christmas rush is beginning, but the idea of a day set aside for gratitude is a great one.
  5. In this season of Thanksgiving, what are you grateful for? Many, many things. I'm making it a part of my Disciple reading to list items for which I am grateful that day, as I begin to read. It's a good habit, and on days when I've got too much to do, it is strengthening to remember why I am grateful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home